Sunday, September 28, 2008

Come on 'Boys!!

So it is a glorious Sunday afternoon! So far today I have done some laundry, cleaned my kitchen, done some homework for which I turned in a great discussion response, if I might say so myself. Let's see...oh and cleaned up some glass. Oh, I don't think that I put this in any of the previous blogs but the back door to Mark and mine's house got broken and it finally gave way. Well let me just start off saying that the backdoor is an 8 ft. liding glass door. The glass itself is double paned safety glass so I don't have a draft in my house or anything because it is the outside pane that got broken and the inside is fine. So since Mark had to go out to sea we have not had a chance to get it fixed yet. It is all set up and I call tomorrow to set up a time for the people to come out but up until now it has not been fixed. Ok so a few days ago we had a big Nor'eastern blow through. The winds were amazing and the rain and all was great! I LOVED the storm!! The whole time that it was blowing through, which was a few days before the winds died down completely and all, pieces would fall out of the door so I had to tape the holes up and all. Mind you, safety glass shatters and makes it look like it is raining all of the time but the glass doesn't automatically shatter out. Ok so it was shattered and the wind was blowing and pieces were falling and I was patching...well the winds got stronger and the winds came. haha As I was sleeping one night I kept hearing tapping on the backdoor and I was like "Oh man that glass is just falling out piece by piece..." When I got up for the day of course I had to let my dogs out, the rain was pouring, the winds were blowing...the glass was bowing. lol So I gently open the door, gently close the door and all is well...then a big wind comes and as I am standing there looking at the door I watch as the glass rains down. It started at the bottom and the whole thing just rained straight down. haha Oh man, I am SO glad that my dogs were inside by this time!! But yeah I had a big pile of glass right outside the backdoor and I had no clue how I was going to get it up. It was getting dragged inside and stuck in the carpet on which I would step. haha It was a mess!! Mark told me to go to WalMart and get a ShopVac so I did that and those things work great!! LOL I got a lot of the glass up this morning but I have not finished yet. But yeah, that is my broken window story and after a busy day I am now watching my Cowboys show the Redskins who's boss!! I have faith! That's what true fans do!! lol
I toyed with doing some more homework but I have given myself some good leeway so I deserve to have an afternoon off. With Mark gone I get a lot of homework done. haha Not that it is his fault but when he is home I would rather spend time with him than textbooks and all so I tend to put it off as until he is at work or he is on duty or something. However, with him underway I have all the time I need to get as much ahead as I can! It is exciting!
Only about 2 weeks until Mark and I are headed to Florida for our baby shower!! I am so excited! Not only for the shower but also because Mark will be home and it will be nice to get away from work (his work) and not have to worry about duty or anything. Woo hoo!!
pregnancy
I am in week 28 of my pregnancy and everything is still going perfectly! I have no complaints! McKenna is getting bigger and stronger...my goodness is she getting stronger. Those kicks and punches that used to feel like a little thump on the inside of my stomach are now big thumps that cause me to get winded at times and cause my stomach to look like I have a little alien in there trying to get out. haha It is amazing though. Sometimes she gets in such a position where her kicks and moves and punches feel so strong that it causes a lot of pressure and where it doesn't hurt it does get a little uncomfortable; once I move and/or kinda guide her to another position it is fine. It doesn't happen very often but this little girl is active and I am SO glad for that! I love feeling her and the fact that she is so active means that I feel her a lot. haha Let me elaborate on when I said "uncomfortable"...she sits low so I don't have any discomfort as far as feet in the ribs or anything, I say discomfort in the sense that it feels like she is sitting ON my stomach and pushing with all she can, which she probably is, but it is not a painful discomfort, just a stretching one.
I just wanted to make that clear because so many people like to say "Yeah you will get more and more uncomfortable so get used to it now" which takes me back to the point that I have tried to make all pregnancy, each pregnancy is different and what happened to one person during their pregnancy does not mean that mine will be that way. Telling me "how" it will be irks me to no end. The other thing that irks me to no end is when people say "When is she due?" "December" "Oh...poor kid." or "Well there goes Christmas"....I HATE that! It does NOT ruin Christmas and it will NOT ruin her birthday! A birthday is what the parents start out making it. McKenna will NOT be jipped on birthday or Christmas presents. After all, a birthday is a celebration of birth, it is not about presents! AND who better to share a birthday with than Christ?? So if you are one of those people who are going to be negative and have a negative view on my daughter's birthday than don't say anything. Have your negative views but don't pass them on to her and don't pass them on to me because it is not true and just because you feel that way does not mean that Mark and I do or that McKenna will. She will NOT be around negativity...especially when it has to do with her.
Ok sorry to go off on a tangent but I am getting really sick of those kinds of comments. I have gotten every kind of comment that you can imagine from "Oh how sad" to "Poor kid" to "Well there goes Christmas" throughout this whole pregnancy and although it got old real fast (like after the first person made a comment like that) it now is very old. I do ignore it and I brush it off but it still is very old. I mean, we are talking about my daughter! And you don't cross a mother when it comes to her child(ren)...I don't care who you are!
Well ok that is all I am going to say about that. I guess now I will....well my clothes that are in the dryer just got done so I will fold some clothes!
Ciao!

1 comment:

Kristin 'Pritchard' Frisbie said...

LOVE what you said about sharing a birthday with Christ! It is so true! Even though Addison is due in January, people have been saying the same thing to me... Now I have a great comeback! LOL! Glad you're doing well!