There really is not much to relay and I don't have too much to say but it is the first day of October and it just feels right to blog! I am SO excited it is October! Not only will Mark be home for a little bit but our baby shower is coming up AND we are getting our 3D/4D ultrasound done! After all of that Mark will head back out to sea and when he gets home it will be November and you know what November means........THANKSGIVING!!! Turkey, dressing, giblet gravy, blueberry salad, sweet potatos, goody bread (maybe, if I ask nicely and there is time), green bean cassarole...ooh all of the glorious food!! And no, this has nothing to do with being pregnant. lol If you know me you know that I LOOOOOOOOOVE Thanksgiving! The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is a must to watch and then 'Miracle on 34th Street' at least. Does anyone but me remember what the TV line-uup was for years?? It used to be the Parade, 'Miracle of 34th Street' (the classic!), and then 'It's a Wonderful Life'; these days they play the dog show after the parade....seriously?! I mean come one! Santa just came to town and brought the Christmas season and you are going to play a DOG SHOW?? UGH!! So that's when I pull out the DVD's. I am so excited though! There is so much coming up and December will be here before I know it! My goodness! OH! Let me not forget, before Thanksgiving is my brother Seth's birthday so that is exciting!! I won't be able to be there with him in person but of course in spirit.
So how about next December Mark and McKenna and I are going on a cruise!! It is a family reunion cruise and there is a big group of us going! We leave a couple days after Christmas and are out through New Years. I know what you are thinking "Poseidon" but don't think about that....I'm trying not to. haha I am SO excited though! It probably means another Christmas not being able to go home to Texas and all but I know that everyone will understand. After all, as the kids get older and begin their own families it gets harder to get everyone together in one place at one time, right? But I know that my wonderful family understands. *smile* So where that makes me sad missing another Christmas at home I am super stoked to go on this family reunion cruise and see everyone that I have not seen in a while AND to take McKenna on her first cruise!! I am SO excited!! Mark and I toyed with the fact that she will be so young and probably will not remember it but you know, it's a family reunion! Many, if not most, everyone will not have gotten the opportunity to meet her AND what is a family reunion without everyone there, right? AND how fun would it be to have her with us! Sure, it will be a different experience and Mark and I talked about the fact that we may not have had a chance to have a getaway just he and I but it will be such a good time!! We invited mom and daddy to go but since mom will have to be in Texas for school that first week in January it would probably not be a good idea to go on a vacation and then go straight to school. I am sure that she would not let herself really let go either because she would be thinking about school and all...I would be like that. haha So her and daddy are watching Bailey and Roxie (RIGHT MOM?? HAHA). Bailey and Roxie love it over there and I think that mom and daddy love to have them there.
Ok so I think that is really all that I have to blog right now. Happy October!
Ciao!
So how about next December Mark and McKenna and I are going on a cruise!! It is a family reunion cruise and there is a big group of us going! We leave a couple days after Christmas and are out through New Years. I know what you are thinking "Poseidon" but don't think about that....I'm trying not to. haha I am SO excited though! It probably means another Christmas not being able to go home to Texas and all but I know that everyone will understand. After all, as the kids get older and begin their own families it gets harder to get everyone together in one place at one time, right? But I know that my wonderful family understands. *smile* So where that makes me sad missing another Christmas at home I am super stoked to go on this family reunion cruise and see everyone that I have not seen in a while AND to take McKenna on her first cruise!! I am SO excited!! Mark and I toyed with the fact that she will be so young and probably will not remember it but you know, it's a family reunion! Many, if not most, everyone will not have gotten the opportunity to meet her AND what is a family reunion without everyone there, right? AND how fun would it be to have her with us! Sure, it will be a different experience and Mark and I talked about the fact that we may not have had a chance to have a getaway just he and I but it will be such a good time!! We invited mom and daddy to go but since mom will have to be in Texas for school that first week in January it would probably not be a good idea to go on a vacation and then go straight to school. I am sure that she would not let herself really let go either because she would be thinking about school and all...I would be like that. haha So her and daddy are watching Bailey and Roxie (RIGHT MOM?? HAHA). Bailey and Roxie love it over there and I think that mom and daddy love to have them there.
Ok so I think that is really all that I have to blog right now. Happy October!
Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment