Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm a Pretty Expectant Parent!

On my way home from the doctors' today I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things and as I was putting my things on the belt in the check out lane the cashier goes "Aww you are such a pretty expectant parent!" That made me feel really good. Not that I was feeling down or anything because I love being pregnant and showing off my body (...not like that...) but to be told by a random stranger can really lift your spirits! Well unless it's like some creepy old guy...no matter who it is that is just, well, creepy. So yes, that made my day just that much better.
Everything at the doctor's went perfect. I drank the orange stuff that tastes like flat Sunkist and then an hour later they took my blood. In the mean time I had my regular appointment where the doctor told me that everything was perfect. My weight: Good. McKenna's heartbeat: 154bpm: Perfect. My size (how well she is growing): Perfect. I am Rh+ so I don't need the shot: Perfect. So all was well!! After my appointment I still had 40 minutes before they could draw my blood so I wrote Mark and let him know how things went. He had to miss this appointment due to the fact that he is out to sea...he didn't like having to miss it. It is the first one he has missed...but not the last unfortunately. I know of a definite one more with McKenna that he will miss. BUT he will be there when we have out 3D/4D ultrasound done so that kinda makes up for it. Maybe if I ask nicely they will play the heartbeat so he can hear it since he missed it today. We'll see! Anyway, so I wrote him and I wrote my mom and let her know how everything went. By time I did all that and such it was time to go give blood (it sounds so much nicer that way..."give blood" rather than "get my blood taken")! So I did that and 2 vials later I was out the door and headed home! The appointments are getting closer together and that only means one thing...she's really on her way!
I am feeling really good! I have a good diet. I splurge every now and then, like with the brownies I made or the piece of cake I bought, but all in all I eat a well-balanced diet. Mark and I have a good diet anyway so I really didn't change any of my eating habits. Well except for at Subway. You see, my favorite Subway meal is a cold cut combo with lettuce, tomato, green peppers, banana peppers, onions, black olives, salt and pepper, oil and vinegar. That is my absolute favorite....BUT you can't have lunchmeat when you are pregnant unless you heat it up and I refuse to heat up my cold cuts...YUCK! So I am just waiting for the day when I can relish in my cold cut combo...haha
Everything is going well otherwise as well. Mark will be home soon and we are going to Jacksonville for our baby shower. I am so excited! Not only about the shower part and Heaven knows it's not Jacksonville (haha) but about getting to see my parents and brothers as well as Mark's parents...it will be great! After the shower we are all going out to dinner so that'll be fun. I am going before the shower to get my haircut and I can't wait! I have wanted to get it done for a while but just have not had the time and I am so picky about my hair and who cuts it and all that I really only let certain people do major jobs on me. Trimming is one thing but a hairCUT is a totally different thing! So I am going to get my haircut by Mrs. Kelly Knuth, who has never let me down BTW in all of my haircuts, so I am super excited!! The the shower, then dinner...goodness!! It will be a good time. More than anything it will be a time that Mark and I get to spend together without him having to go to work or go on duty or anything like that. Chances are slim to none that he will get called into work so that is a great big plus too! And we will get to see our parents whom we have not seen since March. Yes, March. I was thinking about it the other day and the last time that we saw them was in March when Mark and I went to Jacksonville to go on the cruise for my birthday. And yes, that would be the cruise that I got knocked up on. haha It should be quite a shocker to see me now!!
Well I guess that is about it. Bailey and Roxie are passed out on the couch beside me and I think that I am going to take my cue from them and head to bed.
Ciao!

No comments: