Thursday, October 16, 2008

Our Sweet Baby Girl

pregnancy week by week
Mark and I had our 3D ultrasound yesterday...so much fun! McKenna was still laying in the transverse position with her head on my right side, her butt on my left, and she had a leg above her head. haha Mark says she will be a gymnast. She is limber already! She weighs about 3.6 lbs and is right on target as far as growth and everything! Not that Mark and I thought her dates were off...we pretty much have the hour of conception down. haha Most of all, she is still a girl! Once again, no doubts but it was confirmed again. Also, I do not think that we have a picture of it but she has hair on her head! The ultrasound tech gave us a CD with pictures on it, I am not sure if it is the same ones that we have in print or if there are others because when I put it into the laptop to look at them the computer won't read the CD AND to make it worse it won't open back up so I can't get the CD out. I am sure Mark will be able to get it out but since he is out to sea he can't exactly work on it right now.
McKenna was moving around while we were there but it wasn't so much that we couldn't get any pictures or anything. She did have her knee in front of her face some of the time but it didn't really block her, you can just see it in the pictures. At one point she did stretch out and we thought we were going to get some other kinds of pictures but as soon as we went to look she moved her little knee back. haha We did get some good pictures though and it was so great to get a little glimps of what our little girl looks like. She truely is amazing already!
If you'll notice in the 6th picture McKenna stuck her tongue out at us. In the 7th picture you can see her little button nose. In the 9th picture you can see her little chin and chubby cheeks. As I said earlier, she had her knee up by her face so you see that in most of the pictures; the only one that it really blocks her is the last one where it looks like she is sucking on her knee something. Who know, maybe she was!

I am still in awe of McKenna and I love just looking at all of my ultrasound pictures...this whole pregnancy has been such an amazing experience! Although I have been ready to meet her for weeks and months now, I am even more ready after getting a glimps of her yesterday! I can't believe how fast this time has gone by...and as I have said earlier, it will only go faster! As it is Mark and I are 9 weeks and 2 days away from meeting our daughter...sounds crazy soon when you put it like that doesn't it? *smile*
Well, it is dinner time and I am pretty hungry...better go get something to eat!
Ciao!

No comments: