Thursday, October 30, 2008

33 Down; 7 to Go

babies
Our new door is being installed...AS I TYPE! As I think that I told you, the backdoor to my house got shattered back in August and then about a month ago all of the glass bowed in and fell out during a big storm. This baby is 8 feet by 8 feet double paned solid glass.

I wish that I could take pictures right now of these guys trying to get this door though my backyard...it's a monster! I think these guys are even a little stumped as to how to actually do this. haha I will take a picture after they get it installed but goodness, trust me, this is an ordeal!

Mark gets home this weekend!! YAY!! I am so ready to have him home, even if it is just for a few days. I miss him. This has been a long underway and there is one leg to go. Sure, it has been broken up into 3 separate underways' but they are all separated by just a few days in port so basically it is all one underway. You know though, I wouldn't trade my life for anything! The days that Mark and I get together are some of the best days of my life! Him being gone really just makes the time that we do get together just that much more special.

Ok now, speaking of Mark, I can't believe I didn't blog this when I found out on Saturday! SO...Mark made an EP on his eval and that means what? That he is able to take the Chief's exam early!! I think think that "early" is December but don't quote me just yet. I am so proud of him!! He also completed his last board on Saturday and I think that he had to have that in order to make chief but he passed and was given the Captain's coin! I like when he brings those home to me. *smile* I don't think that I can express just how proud of him that I am!

I had a doctor's appointment this past Monday and all went well! Something came up, not with McKenna, but now instead of going back in 2 weeks I go back next week. I can't say that I mind though because now Mark does not have to miss another doctor's appointment! He hates missing appointments and I hate that he has to miss them as well so this actually worked out. I was kind of bummed because of the situation that occurred but my mom pointed out to me that it was probably God's way of allowing Mark to make it to the appointment. Gotta love Mom's...they always know how to make you feel better!

On another note, I can't believe that McKenna will be here in about 7 weeks! 7 WEEKS! A friend of mine pointed out last night that it is amazing because 7 weeks is like the end for me and yet he is just about 7 weeks along in her pregnancy and it is the beginning for her. It's just crazy how the same amount of time can mean such drastic different things for two different people. Again, I ask you to please cross your fingers and pray with us that she will arrive before or on her due date. We would love to have her home for Christmas!

Well the door is installed now and as soon as they finish up the last minute touches and leave I will take a picture and post it. The guy who installed it told me that this was the biggest door that he has ever installed. haha I am sure that it is! It is a monster of a door!


Well I guess that is about it for now. I hope that everyone's week is going just wonderfully!

Ciao!

No comments: