Saturday, September 20, 2008

What a Day!!

having a baby

Well let's see...where do I begin?? So last night I did not sleep well at all. I went to bed at 1145pm and it took me until about 1 to fall asleep. I just could not get comfortable and for some reason my mind was racing with stupid thoughts...not even anything serious or anything, seriously just stupid thoughts were running through my head. Once I finally fell asleep I was awoken at 3-330a by my dogs who graciously let me know that they heard something. Now don't get me wrong, I take heed when they bark but I also know that a lot of times it is just warning barks and they will take care of it and if it is anything serious they will let me know. So they wake me up, when they do usually I stay awake long enough to make sure that they have it under control and I don't hear anything and then I fall right back to sleep...no problem; last night, however, when they woke me up at 3-330 I once again had those same thoughts running through my head automatically (the stupid ones from earlier) and I was up until 5am. Yes, you read right, 5 o'clock in the morning. I laid in bed the entire time with my eyes closed trying to fall back asleep. Once I fell asleep at 5am I was awoken for the day at 845a. Surprisingly though, I did not feel tired! I felt rested which was great because I had a 3 hour exam that I needed to take this morning. So I got up, ate breakfast, got my stuff, and began my exam.
This exam was just what I feared...EXTREMELY DIFFICULT! I began it and was totally knocked down and bummed out because I just knew that I was going to bomb it. It was that bad. I tried my best though and comepleted it with time to spare and although evolution and biology are not my strong subjects I put my all into this exam. Guess what? It paid off!! I made a B!! Out of 100.4% I made 80.5%!! OMG I was/am SO stoked!!
After the excitement of finishing the exam and making a "B", I ate lunch and after lunch noticed that on Bailey's underside there was a spot about the size of a golf ball that was red and swollen and raw. Now, for the past couple of day I have noticed him licking that area a lot but up until this morning it was not raw and swollen. So I called the vet and they were open so I took him in. Now, let me explain, they take appointments on Saturdays but they take walk-in's starting at 2pm. So I go in there at 130p hoping that I am early enough to be put on the list and get in and get out. Well they were all full. Like packed for the day. They were going to put me off until tomorrow but I asked the receptionist Joan, who knows her stuff and is great by the way, if she would look at the spot on Bailey and let me know if I should wait until tomorrow or not. She looked and was like "Oh yeah you need to wait...I mean for today. He needs to be seen now." So I was put on the list where I waited for a good solid 2 hours. Yes, Bailey and I hung out at PetSmart, walking around and getting belly rubs...well he got belly rubs, you better know that I didn't! I don't play that game. haha So we did that and was finally taken back and he has a bacteria skin infection. The doctor said that he probably got a small cut or bite or something and then starting messing with it and it just went on from there. So Bailey got a shot and we were sent home with instructions to wash the area 2ce a day with Dial soap and some antibiotics.
Ok by the time we got home it was almost 5 and I still had to go grocery shopping. I went up to WalMart and got what I needed and by the time I was finished I was hurting. Like my back was hurting and my stomach was hurting and it was just too much. I just did too much today. What I should have done was wait until tomorrow to go grocery shopping but I didn't. I was just SO uncomfortable. My body was definitely telling me that I was doing too much. Once I got home I put the groceries away and ate some dinner and relaxed. I was still not feeling well but I was feeling better. I decided that I needed to take a bubble bath and just relax as best I could so I got in a bubble bath and relaxed and let me tell you, I feel MUCH better. I am still achey but that is expected...after all, I am in my THIRD TRIMESTER!!
Can you believe it?? Today marks the first "official" day of my third trimester!! I am just amazed! It seems like not that long ago I peed on that stick. LOL I am starting to get so even more excited!! I mean don't get me wrong, I have been WAY SUPER excited from the beginning but as I get farther along and she gets bigger and all I find myself getting more and more excited! Yes, I have found that it gets harder to get comfortable but that does not diminsh my excitement at all! I will take all of the aches and pains and discomfort to feel McKenna move around and kick. This entire experience has been incredible and I have been SO blessed! McKenna really is the greatest birthday/Christmas/gift of love that I could have ever asked for. Mark did a great job at picking out my birthday/Christmas present this year. *smile*
Well it is late and I am hoping that I will get some good sleep tonight. Keep Mark in your thoughts in prayers as he is out to sea!
Goodnight!
Ciao!
Here are some new pics that I took the other night...


No comments: