Well here I am, it is Thursday night (or Friday morning, however you want to look at it) and although Mark is supposed to be here with me he is onboard the ship. We are preparing for Tropical Storm Hanna (I think she is a TS) and then keeping our eyes on Hurricane Ike and since Hanna decided that she wants to head this way the ship has to pull out. Yes, that is how it goes; the Navy says "There is a storm coming, let's load up our guys and get them out of here; all the while the family can fend for themselves." haha So after Mark got home from work today we went up to the store and got a few things for me just in case I lose power or anything. Tomorrow I will head up to the gas station and fill up the truck and then over to PetSmart to get dog food and after that I should be good to go. I don't really expect things to get bad but I think more than anything the threat is going to be tornadoes and power outages. Of course, I am bad about going "eh, it'll be fine. Nothing is going to happen." One of these days it is going to bite me in the butt. haha If Ike decides that he wants to head up this way and it seems like it is going to be really bad I will tape up my windows and load up my dogs and head to Eric's in North Carolina (which I won't be able to stay on campus but I will get a hotel or something and sneak my dogs in...haha) or I will head to Aunt Joyce and Uncle Hal's, also in North Carolina, and ride out the storm there. I can't very well go to Florida...I would be driving right into the storm so I will head West. So I have a plan! As I said, I don't expect things to come to that but if it does than that is my plan.
I have been sick since Tuesday so that is not fun at all. All last weekend my ears were clogged and I would hear myself talk, kinda like an echo, if that makes any sense, but I thought it was just allergies or something and other than that I felt fine. Well come Tuesday night I started feeling worse and worse. I was achy, my throat was scratchy, I had a headache, I was all congested and sneezy, oh man it was bad. I woke up Wednesday and felt the same way but a little worse actually. Not only did I still have all of my symptoms but I was running a fever too. Wednesday night I did not sleep much at all, I tossed and turned and woke up every hour, it was horrible. I was miserable. Today, Thursday, I still felt the same really, no change, so I went and got some medicine and have been taking that so I hope that I will be able to sleep tonight and ultimately get well soon. I think what happened was I was already getting sick but I was fighting it and then since we were going and going and going all weekend my body just got super run down and it all progressed to a sinus infection; well almost, I am on the verge of an infection but I am hoping that I caught it before it turns into a full sinus infection.
I guess that is really all that is going on. Not much really. McKenna is doing wonderful. She has not been super active today but I blame that on the fact that I was tossing and turning and up and down last night and then coughing all last night as well as today. Tuesday night she was moving and dancing and everything for a good solid hour. haha My goodness she was just having a grand ol' time!
Well I suppose I will go to bed now. I am getting tired and I should probably atleast try and get some sleep tonight. Hopefully it will all work out for me! NiteNite!
Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment