Monday, September 8, 2008

Doctor's Appointment Day!

pregnancy
Here I am, 25 weeks and 2 days along...gosh this time has gone by SO fast! It is hard to believe that in just a couple of months Bailey and Roxie will not be the only "babies" in the house. By this time next year Mark and I will be the parents of a 9 month old...give or take some days. Craziness! It is all so exciting though. We are definitely excited and counting down the days until McKenna makes her debut.
Today was the day of our doctors appointment and it went just perfectly! My weight is perfect, no swelling of the ankles or anything, McKenna is growing just as she should be, and her heartbeat was about 154bpm. She was still until the doctor asked if she was moving ok and I said "oh yes" and then he measured my baby belly and after that it was all over and she was all over the place. haha It was pretty funny. No sooner he turned his back to write in my chart that she kicked me. I thought that we were going to hear her kicking on the doppler but she was pretty still while that went on and then again as he turned to write in my chart she started moving again. Where Mark and I ever got a shy child, I will never know! haha
Ok now, I just want to say something about our dogs...Mark and I have had people ask us how we think Bailey and Roxie will react to McKenna and what we think they will do and all; basically they are worried because our dogs are so big. Honestly, Mark and I are not worried at all. If we are not worried than no one else should be. I would be more worried about little dogs than big dogs any day. Our guys have such a high pain tolerance that to pull their tails, ears, pinch them, whatever does not phase them. They have both been through training, they are up to date on shots and everything, trust me, these dogs are probably some of the best taken care of dogs you would ever meet. I know that their size may be intimidating but I mean that has nothing to do with how they react to children. Mark and I did a lot of research on the Bullmastiff breed when we decided to get a dog and this breed is very child friendly and very protective; both Bailey and Roxie are already very protective of me. So are we worried about how Bailey and Roxie will be with McKenna? Not in the least. And as I said earlier, if we are not worried no one else should be.
Ok time to cut this off now, it's almost dinnertime and I am hungry! Chinese food!!!
Ciao!

No comments: