Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankfulness Day 6

Day 6 - Today I am thankful for modern medicine. I don't know if you suffer from migraines but I sure do and they can be so debilitating. I have come down with the flu so along with sneezing, coughing, body aches, fever, chills, sweats, etc. a migraine came along. Not only have I been laid out on the couch all day but I haven't been able to open my eyes because the light has been unbearable. Were it not for some strong pain meds that I have I don't know where I'd be right now. Actually, I do, still laid out on the couch, probably in tears, not being able to sleep from the pain. I know that some people say that all you need is prayer and faith but I say that God knew what he was doing when he gave those men and women the knowledge and intelligence to become doctors and nurses and scientists who have put so much of their lives into finding ways to help people live long comfortable lives. 

No comments: