Friday, November 23, 2012

Sailing


I sailed today!! Like, honest to goodness, was the crew of a sailboat! My boat was The Stars and Stripes and we were competing in the American Cup race...well, a reenactment. Apparently, the Americans held the American Cup until 1983 when Australia won it from us. We held it for, like, 131 YEARS! Pretty awesome, huh? I didn't know that until today but, um, awesome!! I was a Wench on the crew but I had a job to do...not what you think. haha I actually helped with the sails and all. It was incredible! How many people can really say that they have been on the crew of a sailboat before??? Well, this girl can now! And I had a blast!! I wasn't too nervous initially but once I heard that we would be tilted like 20-25 degrees one side or the other when turning it made me stop and go "um..." But it was nothing like I suspected! No fear at all!! Oh my goodness, I'd do it again! Kind of like white water rafting, I suppose. I was SUPER nervous then and have the pictures to prove it. Haha But I'd do it again...I think. *wink* Anyway, awesome, AWESOME!! 


Do you face your fears or do you run from them?

No comments: