We are in Virginia now, made it safely, but not without some adventure. We left a bit later than I wanted but not that much later. It would still be ok. We made it almost to the Georgia line, 30 minutes into our trip) when the girls told me that they needed to go to the bathroom. *deep breath* Ok. So I stopped at the rest stop right inside Georgia and we got out and went to the bathroom. Getting everyone out, into the bathroom, back into the truck, and settled it took 10 minutes. Goodness. We get back on the road and we are going when at about 3 hours in McKaela starts just throwing up everywhere. So she's back there throwing up, McKenna's crying because she hates to see her sister getting sick and she is afraid she is going to be sick as well, Maisie is crying because McKenna and McKaela are both crying. And I am up front going, "It's ok, not a big deal! We got this! Hang on, it's ok." I had to drive about a mile or so before there was a place to pull off. So I pull off and luckily had all of our clothes and towels and such in the back of the truck in boxes so I start digging through boxes, find a towel to clean up with, a towel for her to sit on, and another set of clothes. I get McKaela all cleaned up, everyone settled, and we get back on the road. After that I don't think there were too many stops. I think maybe 3 times for gas and then maybe another 3 for bathrooms? I was kind of bad mommy and just had the two big girls put on pull-ups so I wouldn't have to stop for the last few hours. :/ I kind of felt bad about that but I was just so ready to get here.
We finally made it in 11 hours, I think, and it was SO amazing to finally all be back together again!! We didn't have any furniture other than one air mattress that we gave to the girls. But you know, I wouldn't change it. I wouldn't change a thing. We are in the process of scouring Craigslist for furniture and all but we are happy and blissful.
No comments:
Post a Comment