Thursday, March 14, 2013

Divine Intervention

So since Mark did not deploy the girls and I are moving up to VA with him. Yay! We decided that since we don't know how long we will be here it would be better just to rent an apartment as opposed to buying a house. Mark had told me to give him my list and he would go check them out so that is just what I did. The apartments that I really liked wound up being not so great because not only were they a bit out of our price range but there was only street side parking unless we paid extra per vehicle for a spot in the garage. Nope. Then the other one that I had on my list wound up being ok but very very basic in everything and no in apartment washer/drying. We would have been on the 19th/20th floor and the washers and dryers were on the 2. o_O Uh...no. Not to mention, the apartments didn't allow college kids and majority of the people there were elderly. Oh and the parking lot floods when it rains. Again I say, o_O. 

As I am on the phone with Mark that day that he was visiting these apartments we were both kind of defeated and he said, "I just wish we could find the perfect place." At that moment he said, "write this number down and call them and see who they are and how much." I wrote the number down and Googled at the same time, the homepage popped up and they had all of these specials specifically for sailors of the Truman. I couldn't believe it. The price with all of those specials was right in our price range! Instead of calling Mark said that he was going to just go in so he turned right around and went in. It was 15 minutes before the office closed so they had already closed the model but they showed him everything else and told quoted him a price and it. It was PERFECT; a gym, in apartment washer/dryer, a pool, GATED. Just perfect. They also told him that if he came back the next day they would show him the apartment but would go ahead and hold it for him. He went back the next day and it really was just perfect. 

There was no reason for us to find this place, it was just a number on the side of a building, it really just had to be God answering our prayers and showing us where we were to live. It was such a great moment. 

So tomorrow is the day, we are all set and ready to move in, and the girls and I will be making the drive from Florida to Virginia!! It is going to be so great to have my family all back together under one roof!!

No comments: