Monday, September 19, 2011

So August it is

Well, our September baby decided that she preferred August instead. Maisie Eve graced us with her presence on August 15 weighing in at 6lbs 0oz and was 17.5in long. She was absolutely perfect! She was preemie so I didn't get pain meds and although I tried for an epidural, #1. there was NO time (the anesthesiologist left the room as I needed to push) and #2. it never took, even after birth. Never. So, yes, I had my first all natural, med-free birth. I was, and am, so proud of myself! The big question now is would I do it again...yes! I just hope that I can hold out next time because I was literally in tears with each contraction towards the end. Maisie and I had to stay in the hospital for at least 48 hours because I didn't have a chance to take my strep b test so they assumed I was positive and therefore had to monitor Maisie. Also, since she was preemie, she had to have the car seat test done and all. She passed everything with flying colors!! The doctors and nurses even told me that she was doing better than some of the full-term babies back there. That made me feel good. :) We went home August 18 and from there it has been bliss. My parents stayed for the first week and then my inlaws came up the next week so I had help for 2 weeks. It was amazing!!! haha

No comments: