Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years!

Wow it is 2009!! I can hardly believe it! Mark had duty on New Years Eve so Bailey, Roxie, McKenna, and I rang in 2009 together...well ok, they actually slept in the new year. haha 2008 was a pretty good year for us. I mean, we cruised the first part of the year, I had a fabulous time being pregnant! I really loved it! Then McKenna was born; it was all in all a really good year full of excitement and adventure!! I am not sure what this year will bring but I am anxious to find out! One thing I know for sure is that it will bring deployment upon our family so that will be a little downer BUT 2009 will make up for it by also bringing our family back together again and those times are always the best! Another thing that is for certain is that 2009 is going to be a year of many firsts! First Valentine's Day, First Easter, First Thanksgiving, First Birthday, First Cruise (for all three of us essentially; McKenna ever and Mark and I since I got pregnant...WOO HOO! SO EXCITED!!), and more than likely First Word and First Step, just to name a few. 2009 is going to be a memorable year, that's for sure! Goodness knows that 2008 was so I'm betting 2009 will only get better!

It's hard to believe that McKenna is 3 weeks old already! My goodness!! She has already grown so much in just this short time. She is still in preemie size clothes and newborn diapers but she has definitely grown. I just want to be like "Stop growing so fast!!" At her last doctor's appointment she weighed 7lbs 9oz and was 20 3/4 inches long. Our nights are not bad at all and more times than not she sleeps prettymuch through, only waking up to eat once or twice. God heard my prayers for a child who loves to sleep as much as I do!!! LOL Anyway, McKenna is doing great and already beginning to follow sounds and make random noises. She is already smiling and has laughed once...those are the times that make everything ok and nothing else matter. I am pretty sure that we have a daddy's girl on hand as well; she already loves her daddy very much...so long as she is not hungry, then she's all about me! haha This morning when Mark got home McKenna and I were still in bed but we weren't sleeping, she had just eaten and we were laying there playing so he joined us. It was just a special time! I am looking forward to many more of those special times!

I hope that everyone had a great 2008 and in the same has a fabulous 2009!!

From Our Family to Yours,

Happy New Year and CIAO!


And I can't forget to add this one taken 1.5 weeks postpartum...

Yes, those are prepregnancy clothes! I am not only back in my prepregnancy clothes BUT down to my prepregnancy weight and then some!! (Yes, I eat! haha) The only thing now though is that I have to actually THINK about what I am going to wear each day...UGH! LOL

No comments: