Monday, January 20, 2020

It's a Miracle!

Today was a long day. These past few days have been long days. Without saying too much about a matter that is not mine, my best friend in Jacksonville lost her father to a car wreck today. I have been a pretty crap friend at keeping in touch, to be honest, but that is a whole another post. Anyway, so for the past few days I have been in constant prayer for my friend's dad, his healing, and a miracle. There would be a bad day and then a good day and then a bad day and then a good day and then there was today. I got a text this morning from my friend stating that it was really bad at the moment and to pray. I have been in constant prayer but I was in absolute constant prayer this morning. I snuck off a few times to go to my prayers place and just collapse in prayer. Every time I went up to my place and fell at the feet of God I noted the time. I don't know why, I just did. Well, it was not too long after one of my prayers that I got the text that my friend's dad was with God now and not in anymore pain. In that last prayer before the text I had prayed specifically for a miracle. I was in pain and I was crying and I asked God for a miracle. So when I got the text I noted the time and it happened to coincide with when he passed. My first thought was, "well God, that was a pretty stupid thing to pray for right then, huh? A miracle." And then it was like I answered myself, "no, it wasn't stupid. That was the miracle. The miracle was that at the very moment that you prayed for a miracle he was walking into the arms of God and THAT is the miracle." I realized as soon as "I" responded to myself that that wasn't me, that was God and He was answering me. He was comforting me. He was knocking me upside the head reminding me that His miracles are not always necessarily what I think a miracle should be. My idea of the miracle and what I was praying for was an Earthly miracle, one that was temporary, but His miracles are eternal. My miracle would have only been buying time but God's miracle is that He called my friend's dad home so he never has to worry about any pain ever again no matter what. Does it make it any easier for us here on Earth? No. My heart is heavy and broken, though not near as much as my friend and her family I know, but I just keep reminding myself that God is always in control and all things work together for good to those who love the Lord...and I know that her dad loves God and even though the good doesn't seem so good right now, no better words were uttered today..."well done, my good and faithful servant." 

Goodnight, my friends. 

No comments: