Friday, August 31, 2012

VBS and Vomit

Where was I? Oh yes, so Mark had been in the hospital, intubated, chest tube, ICU, the works, BUT a silver lining...for time being...a Cadillac XLR-V. She fell right into our laps. She was a fight but she was meant to be ours. Mark and I took the girls to our parents in Florida and we flew to Wisconsin to pick the car up and drive it back. We flew out on Thursday and got home on Friday. We literally picked the car up and started driving. It was a blast and a much needed long overdue road trip for the two of us. Sunday Mark had to go home because he had a doctors' appointment on Monday and depending on how that went he would be back at work on Tuesday. Well, he wasn't back at work but you read all about that already. Monday at NJBC was VBS and this would be McKenna's second VBS and McKaela and Maisie's first! I was SO excited!! AND it would be my first in about 6 years since I got married. SUPER excited!! 

So the week is going great and I was supposed to be a teacher in a room but when it came down to it they had it going on and I wasn't needed in there. I did snacks and whatever else needed to be done...my old job. It was bliss! I had SUCH a good time! And as VBS of years past, there were wrenches thrown in our flow. First off, we had a little girl whose name we could not figure out. When we asked her she insisted that her name was Repunzel. She was very insistent and would not let up no matter how we phrased the question of her name. Her identity was finally confirmed by a call from her mother saying "...she will probably tell you that her name is Repunzel but it is..." CASE SOLVED! LOL 

Next came the popsicles that we didn't have enough of. How that happened, I have no clue but I had to make a Walmart run for popsicles. And we wound up having some left over, too. o_O 

And then it happened....the vomit. A little girl threw up and I had to go find her mom...however, no one told me her mom's name, they just sent me to find her. My mom was not to be found at the moment (I think I kept missing her) so I was running blind. I FINALLY found her and all was well......until dinnertime that evening when MY middle threw up. Then my youngest threw up. What?! NO! Then there came the emails about 2-3 others in my middle's class that had been throwing up. AAHHH!! Friday numbers were super low because in both preschool and children's this virus was going around. Oy. Saturday evening it finally hit my oldest. Luckily, she got to finish out VBS. We were at dinner....at a restaurant. Yeah, she still talks about that. Then that night *I* get it AND my daddy gets it. God, please don't let Mark get it. Sunday night Mark gets is. NNNOOOO!!! He said throwing up might have been the worst pain he had ever felt. :( Monday was his doctors' appointment and that is the one that they sent him into emergency surgery at. 

So, all in all, VBS was a success and my girls had a blast! BUT the stomach virus I could have lived without.

Ciao!

No comments: