Wednesday, August 3, 2011

We're still here!

Oh my goodness, I said I was going to get better at blogging and I have far from. :( I'm sorry!! A lot has gone on though!

First of all, I want to start out with a bit of a sad note...about a month or so ago my Aunt passed away due to cancer. It all happened very fast, it seemed. It still seems a bit surreal to me. My aunt did have Muscular Dystrophy and has had many health problems as well. They found out that she had cancer and were given the option of chemo, which she may or may not make it through, and have 3 months to live, though she would likely be very sick, or she could not do chemo and have 3-3.5 weeks of better quality of life. She had her good days and her bad days. From what I was told her last wish, per se, was to go to the beach to see the sunset with her family. She made that trip. After that, it seems, things went down fast. She became very confused and not all there; though at one point she kind of snapped back to reality and got to say a formal goodbye to my uncle and cousins. After that, however, she was back out of it and a few days later she passed away on June 18, 2011. I remember going to spend a week with her and my uncle a few summers when I was younger and had such a good time. Those memories are some that I will cherish for many years to come. Here is the last picture that I have of her...

Ok next up...McKenna went to her first VBS last week!! She had SUCH a good time!! She came home every day talking about singing and dancing and how she wanted to go back to church and dance. :) She did so well and I am so glad that we decided to see if she could go. I know that I loved VBS growing up and I was so excited for her to get to experience it!! Here are a few pics from VBS...









Moving on...McKaela is doing wonderfully! She is getting so big and she has 4 teeth now!! She has such a personality on her too!! Her and McKenna, both, pick on each other like crazy! It is so fun to watch them interact though. Here are a few pictures of her...




Maisie is growing nicely. :) I am 33 weeks and 4 days now so not much longer!! McKenna is so excited and tells her every day, "Maisie, hurry up and come out so I can play with you!" or "Maisie, come out so I can show you my toys!" She is such a good big sister. Here are two of my favorite pictures of Maisie...


Well I have another bout of "big news" but it will have to wait until tomorrow. It is way too late and I have to get up way too early. So for tonight...

Ciao!

No comments: