Friday, January 15, 2010

It's 2010!

I know, I'm late here. It has been 2010 for 2 weeks now and I have just gotten the chance to sit down and update; although I can't say how long this will be seeing as though McKenna is pulling all of the DVDs off of the shelves. haha 


We had a wonderful Christmas!! I think it was my favorite Christmas I've had in a long time! I absolutely loved buying, wrapping, and getting excited for McKenna this year. I think I was more excited than she was. LOL On Christmas morning I was the first one up for a while while everyone else was sleeping. After not too long McKenna woke up so it was her and I. I didn't let her go into the tree until Mark woke up but she didn't seem to mind much. haha We ate breakfast and played and watched Christmas movies until Mark woke up. Once he woke up we went into the tree and opened presents. It was so much fun to watch McKenna open her presents. She was so overwhelmed she didn't know where to start. haha And for all of you who said that Mark and I would be the ones opening her presents for her you are wrong! haha McKenna did a great time opening he presents, a few she needed help with but all in all she opened hers by herself. She didn't know which one to play with first!! It was just so much fun watching her.

Mark had to go to work that afternoon so it was just McKenna and I left packing and getting ready to head to FL where we were dropping off our dogs with my parents and then the next day heading to Biloxi, MS where we stayed at the Imperial Palace before heading to Mobile, AL where the cruise ship was departing from. We went on a cruise for New Years and it was such a blast! Yes, McKenna went as well and she had a super blast!! She had more fun than you would think a one year old could have. It was so much fun to see her explore and wander and get so excited about the little things such as the frozen yogurt. Oh to see things through the eyes of a child.

There was drama that first day on the ship but it had nothing to do with the ship, it had to do with my dogs. I got a call from my brother saying that the dogs had run away but he found them up the street in the parking lot of a grocery store. *whew* Relief. But then I get another call, they got out again and could not be found. This time both of my parents and my brother were out looking for them and they were no where to be found. So here I am, supposed to be having a blast, and I am upset not knowing what my dogs are getting into or where they are or anything; I'm heading out of the country!! Long story short, both dogs were found a few hours later and I was able to have a good cruise.

Since we have been home things have gotten back to normal really; Mark has gone back to work, McKenna and I have started back at The Little Gym, and we are back on a schedule and in routine. I must say, as nice as it was to get away and FINALLY get to cruise again, it is so nice to get back to a routine and get back home.

Speaking of The Little Gym, McKenna finished out the semester this week and we start the new one next week! It is so amazing to watch her and see how she has grown both physically and socially since we began. When we first started McKenna wasn't even really crawling, well she would at home but not in front of anyone, and now she is not only crawling but walking (well with assistance definitely, alone sometimes, but her confidence is growing though and she is closer and closer to taking off on her own every day). I am excited about this next semester at The Little Gym to see what McKenna will learn next!

As far as me and belly baby, we went to get an ultrasound before Christmas and the cord was between the legs so we couldn't get a perfect shot but it looks as though it is another girl! Most importantly though, everything is going well and baby is healthy!

Well I better get off here an get some things done around the house.

Ciao!


Daddy and McKenna opening presents.


Our Harris Family Picture


On the way to Biloxi; I love this picture, so sweet!


Mommy and McKenna (her shirt says, "I'm cute, my Mom's cute, and my Dad's lucky!"


McKenna had her first daiquiri...and boy did she love it. LOL (No worries, it was virgin. haha)


Daddy and McKenna on formal night.


Our first family picture of 2010. Yes, McKenna made it to midnight!




No comments: