Well we made it through McKenna's first shots. I must say that she and I both did a good job! Boy was it hard though! McKenna was not fussy or anything through the whole appointment and when it came time for shots I laid her on the table and she was laying there smiling at me and just happy as can be; then came the shots and the look that she gave me and the look in her eyes broke my heart completely! She was looking at me right in the eyes and literally went from a smile and happy eyes to a look like "Why?" My heart shattered at that look. Then to top it all off her cry changed from one of pain to one like she had just had her feelings stepped on and hurt. I did good and did not cry in the office but I will admit that I teared up afterwards. I still tear up when I think about that look that she gave me and that cry that she cried. It was gut-wrenching. At least we have another month before we have to go through this again. Since we were behind on her 2 month shots we will get back on track with her 4 month ones in April.
Everything else is going well. Our house is not sold yet but it is getting there! Mark is doing well and very ready to come home to McKenna and I. My grandparents came out to visit from Texas this past week and that was a lot of fun! They, of course, couldn't get enough of McKenna. My youngest brother, Eric, is coming home for spring break next week so that will be a blast! He is very ready to see McKenna again! These next few months are going to be so crazy with getting a house and settled and the traveling that we have to do...I am not looking forward to that. I mean, I love my family and all but traveling with a baby is rough and I am just ready to get our house and move in and have my own little family back together again. I just want to fast forward these next few months and get them overwith.
Well enough about that, no use crying over spilled milk, I guess I better go get me something to eat.
Ciao!
1 comment:
I remember the first shots with my two kids and it wasn't fun. Trevor didn't cry but Becca did and it was heart wrenching. It was almost more difficult when Trevor didn't cry because I felt like he was just trying to be so brave and wasn't going to cry. Take care and I hope the time goes by fast for you the next few months. Maybe next time the shots won't be so difficult for both of you.
Post a Comment