Thursday, February 26, 2009

What a Month!!

Well McKenna and I have made it to Jacksonville, Florida. My parents drove up to Virginia and helped me finish painting the house and all that good stuff and then we began our drive down to Florida. It took us 15 hours but that is including 3 hours of sleep and feeding times for McKenna so all in all we made really good time! McKenna did SO good! I am so proud of her! She really slept like the entire time! If she wasn't sleeping she was content. The only times that she cried was when she got hungry or when she just needed to get our and stretch and those times always occurred when we needed to stop and fill up the trucks or when we stopped and slept. The time that we stopped and slept I took McKenna out and fed her and then laid her on my chest (I was stretched across the front seat of the truck) and we both slept. She was amazing!

We got here in Sunday and were all worn out so we pretty much slept all day! Not too much has really gone on this week. After all of the craziness of getting the house ready to sell and getting ready for deployment and all it has been so nice to just not have anything to do. After this weekend I suppose I will stop being so lazy. haha I don't really have too much to relay but I wanted to update and post some pictures of our house. I don't have any picture of it with carpet but I hope that my realor will take some and send them to me. I am just curious to see what the new carpet looks like in the house! It was so weird having all of our stuff out of the house and yet still living there. Everything was pretty much gone except for some plastic tubs with clothes and stuff that needed to be kept out of storage and McKenna's stuff; Mark and I slept on a matress on the floor. Speaking of the floor, there was no carpet because we tore it all up. When Mark and I went to buy new carpet and all we got it for $.99 a sq. foot with a free pad and free installation, HOWEVER, they wanted $3.50 a sq. foot to rip it up! Mark and I decided that we could and would do that ourselves. Seriously, $3.50 to tear it up? I don't think so. So that was fun and if I learned anything it all it was that I do not want carpet in my next house! It was SO dirty and nasty under there!! Wow! I was shocked!

My grandparents came into town to see McKenna and that has been a lot of fun! I had not seen them in a while so it has been a lot of fun having them here!

Well it is late and I think that I am going to get ready for bed.

Ciao!

Mark ripping up the carpet

McKenna slept while Daddy and I worked

Bailey and Roxie were not too sure what was going onMine and Mark's bedroom before the paintingHeading upstairsThe living roomOur bedroom after the painting...though you can't really tell by the pictures. hahaLooking into the kitchenLooking down from the loft

No comments: