
This morning was my baby shower at church and it was a great turnout!! I was so excited and surprised to have one at all and then to see everyone who showed up and all...it was such a blessing! We had food and games and cake and presents; best of all though, other than cake and presents of course!, was the fellowship. It was kind of ironic how the sermon this morning was on friendship and how we as a people have become so cut off from human friendships and human touch. The charge to us was to work on our friendships and build friendships especially within our church family, our faith family; then to have a time afterwards where we were all gathered for a baby shower, some of the people there did not even really know me other than by my name, and be able to fellowship and begin to build friendships...it was just awesome how God put that all together! I mean, we had a guest pastor at church this morning; our regular pastor was not even there, he was preaching at another church!! So for us to have the sermon that we did on the day that we did where the guest pastor didn't know me from Eve (well, I had clothes on instead of just fig leaves..HA!)...there is no denying that it was all aranged by God.
I am hoping to get pictures from the shower, I know there was at least one person there taking pictures so maybe I can get those from her and if they look ok to me than I will post them. LOL I do have a picture of my cake so I will post that. The ladies of the church chose a ladybug theme and it was SO cute!!
So that was my morning and early afternoon, baby shower. The rest of the day I spent emailing back and forth with Mark (he had duty today so he had to miss the shower...*pout*) and baking! I have already started my Christmas baking with Puppy Chow and Butterscotch Balls (which by the way Mimi, mine never turn out as pretty or anything as yours...I don't know what I do wrong...they are good though so that's all that matters, right?). Now, on board the ship I am kind of loved by Mark's division for my cooking and baking. The other day, Friday I guess it was, Mark took some butterscotch balls with him to work and was then told that he never to bring a partial batch again. haha He was also told to pass on some requests to me: Snickerdoodle cookies, Lemon Bars, and I believe the last was Chocolate Chip Cookies without the Chocolate Chips. LOL Yes, that was how it was worded to me. Now, I have never made snickerdoodles or lemon bars so I had to go online and get some recipes for them. Today I tried out the snickerdoodle recipe! I don't have any lemon juice so I couldn't do the lemon bars; I did however get some snickerdoodles done and some sugar cookies done. I don't have time to finish the whole batche of snickerdoodles or sugar cookies off so I am taking what I have up to the ship and then I will have Mark either take the rest to work or I will take them up there next duty day.
Well speaking of going up to the ship I best be going if I want to get there on time!
Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment