Friday, October 19, 2007

Our Story

Well before I go on with what is going on in our lives lately let me tell you our story...


In November of 2005 I was invited to go over to a former friends house to watch a movie because he was having a friend over who had a date with him and the former friend did not want to be the 3rd wheel. I had just gotten off of work at about 10pm and I was tired and wasn't really wanting to go anywhere; however since I know what it is like to be the third wheel I decided that I would go anyway. I get to the house and walk in and there is this girl in the theatre. Her and I start small talking and such and then HE walks in. My thoughts were along the lines of "wow", "lucky", etc. I found out that his name was Mark and he was in the Navy and stationed in Virginia; however, he was from Jacksonville. I'm thinking at this point that this is a plus cause maybe that meant that he visited often. So anyway, the night goes on and we all watch 'House of Wax' and then small talk and then we all parted. Turns out that he was leaving the next day to drive back to Virginia to be back to work. Mark and his date left, as well as I, and I didn't really think too much about it afterwards; I mean after all he WAS on a date and for all I knew that was his girlfriend. Although I thought about him I didn't really think that there was anything going to come of it. Then it happened...the next day I received a message on Myspace from Mark!! Since then I guess you can say that the rest is history. Mark and I talked online and on the phone and then one day as I was getting ready to go into work I get a call from my manager...I HAD TULIPS (my favorite flower)DELIVERED TO WORK!!! At this point I still was not sure what was going on but I knew what I wanted to happen.
By this time it was almost time for Thanksgiving and Mark was coming back to Jacksonville to see me. I was SO excited! I absolutely could not wait!! When Mark got back to Jacksonville we spent all weekend together! He even came to church with me on Sunday! We had talked about me coming back to Virginia with him for a week or so but I had not brought it up to my parents or anything. So at church I talked with my parents and they were ok with it so off Mark and I went...road trip to Virginia!! For the next couple of months I spent majority of my time going back and forth to Virginia. When he could, Mark would come to Jacksonville as well.

Mark and I had been talking about marriage for a little bit and on Christmas Eve, which we were in Oklahoma visiting his family, he took me to a custom jewelry shop to pick out my ring. He had already been thinking about and looking at rings so he had an idea of what he wanted to get me. What he wound up getting me was a 1.04 karat heart shaped diamond with a pair of blue teardrop cut sapphires, one of either side of the diamond; it was all set in platinum.
Since Mark and I were not able to spend Christmas itself with each other we wanted to spend New Years so I decided that I would drive from Texas to Virginia to spend it with him. Seth, my brother, said that he would go with me seeing as though he was ready to get home anyway. Seth stayed up in Virginia until New Years Eve and then he flew to Jacksonville while I stayed. Mark and I spend New Years watching the Nightmare on Elm St. series. It was a great New Years and even more so because of the fact that it is the only one that we have spent together so far in the two years that we have been together.
Next I'll skip to January 10, 2006...Mark was at work and I was at his house waiting for him to get home when he called and said "I am on my way home. Why don't you look up City Hall and get directions and when I get home we'll go get married." I was like "Today??" haha It was so exciting though! We had talked about eloping a few times but I didn't really think too much about it. I knew that I wanted to marry him as soon as possible but I didn't really think that it would really happen. Then it did. It was wonderful not only because then was I really going to spend the rest of my life with the man that I loved so much more than I ever thought was possible but I also knew that he was going to be out to sea a lot during the year getting ready to be deployed that October. I am so glad that we did it, I would not ever change anything about it!
On August 4th, 2006 we had an actual wedding ceremony. It was beautiful and I am so glad that we did it the way that we did. Everything was perfect. Plus we now have two anniversaries each year. It came in handy this year because since Mark was deployed for our wedding anniversary in January, which would have been our one year, he actually made it home just in time for our August anniversary!!

So that is the story of Mark and I. I know that it is long, he is sitting here giving me a hard time about writing a novel, but I hope that you enjoyed it!

This pic is from Christmas '05, we were at a bowling alley with his dad and step brothers


New Years Eve '05
Wedding Day August 4th, 2006


No comments: