Food for thought for the night: Friends, please watch what you say on FB/Instagram/Twitter/Your Blog. I realize that it is *yours* and that is all fine and dandy but sometimes not every anger and frustration needs to be broadcast. You never know who is watching you and who is watching you on social media so please be mindful. Some of the things I have seen on my Facebook tonight has made me sad for not only my children and their generation but glad that I am able to homeschool my children and be the one who is the consistency in their life. It should always be a parent, in my opinion, who is the consistency but I remember being a teacher to some very sweet inner-city children who didn't have much more than me in some cases and other than showing them Christ every day my greatest accomplishment was being the consistency and the love and the all the hugs (they could ever want) that they could count on every single day. As cliche as it sounds, what would Jesus do? I think He would "put up with" the fights, the yelling, the backtalk, the snot, the germs, the whatever as long as it meant that that child was experiencing Him. Don't let your worldly body and emotions take over, remember that we are called to be like Christ and He will give you the strength and immunity (both physically and figuratively) that you need. Goodnight, my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment