Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pomegranate Salmon


I am so excited to share my recipe with! It is SUPER easy and delicious! I am a member of a wonderful website called CafeMom and through them I was asked to be a part of an influencer program for Hidden Valley. They sent me a Hidden Valley salad dressing or vinaigrette, I had no idea what one I was getting, and I was to create a recipe using it. The Hidden Valley dressing that I received was a pomegranate vinaigrette. Now, let me be honest by stating that when I opened the box and saw that is what I was given I was immediately disappointed and thought, "what am I going to do with this??" I don't mind pomegranate fruit too much, though it is not my favorite, but I do not like pomegranate flavored anything, really; candy, icing, cough drops, etc. Not to mention, I don't like sweet fruits on my salads or meats; i.e. oranges in my salad, pineapple on my pizza, or mango on my chicken. Needless to say, I was sitting there looking at this bottle going, "ok, what now?" I had a couple of ideas to try, and still plan on trying a few out with what I have leftover actually, but ultimately decided to try my pomegranate vinaigrette as a marinade for salmon. 
I took six (6) salmon filets and thawed them in a cold bath.
After they were thawed I then patted them dry with a paper towel before placing them in a baking dish.
Once in the baking dish I poured the vinaigrette over them, I used about a half of the bottle, and then put the dish in the refrigerator and let them marinate for 2 hours.
After the 2 hours was up I placed the dish in a preheated oven set to 350 degrees and baked them for 20 minutes. You want the salmon to flake easily when it is done and 20 minutes was perfect for my oven. 
I paired my salmon with, as you can see, a side of mixed vegetables, broccoli, and rice (I would have used brown rice but I was out). I was so excited by the way that it turned out!! Everything complimented each other so nicely. My daughters are not really big meat eaters but all three (3) finished off their plates. My parents were also here for dinner and they both loved it, as well, saying that it was moist and not dry like salmon gets a lot of times when you are not careful, the flavor of the pomegranate vinaigrette complimented the salmon very nicely, and that this recipe is a keeper. I am so excited and I agree with them, I will definitely be making this again!

No comments: