Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wait, what??

Oh my goodness, I don't even know what to think. So, Mark and I are at a bar after a wonderful dinner and my phone goes off, it is an email from the Truman FRG saying since the press conference this afternoon not to speak with any reporters if we are approached. Um...what?! What is going on?? I then look to see what else i can find, because Mark doesn't know anything, and I have an email stating that deployment has been postponed indefinitely. What?! No. So Mark calls into work and sure enough, deployment postponed and no one knows really what is going on. Great. Now, you'd think that I would be happy about this but do you not realize that this turns my world completely upside-down?? I am already in deployment mode, my emotions are dealt with and in check, I am ready for Mark to leave and get on with this whole thing. Nope. Not going to happen right now. So what now?? We are states away from each other, we don't have a house or any of the makings for a house, the girls and I are in our little routine in FL, we've got this, we are ready......not anymore! Mark and I just sat there after he got off of the phone and we just looked at each other like, "what now?" Finally, I broke the silence with tears in my eyes saying, "I just want you to leave." Luckily, Mark felt the same way and knew what I meant and just held my had and said, "I know, me too." Postponing deployment messed up so many lives! I'm talking sailors were already living on board, had sent their families home, sold their homes and their cars, let their leases run out. I mean, it just ruined more lives than it helped, really. All because a budget couldn't be reached...nice. Do they not realize that they wasted more money than saved by canceling deployment?! Everyone was on board, food was on board, everything and everyone ready, set, go! And then you can't "play nice" so you screw up thousands of other lives. Good job, congress. Well, nonetheless, it is back to the drawing board for us. At this point, I am not sure what to do now. Prayers are definitely appreciated!

No comments: