I found this recipe on Pinterest and thought "I like avocados....I like eggs...I need to try this." So I did. It did not turn out like the Pinterest Picture but I'm ok with that. First off, I cut my avocados in half (length wise) and pitted them. Then I sliced just the rounded part off of the bottom. I don't like my eggs runny so I flipped them after the initial 3 minutes and, while it broke the yolk and didn't all stay in the avocado, it worked for me. Also, the recipe states "...cut an even circle in the center." I scooped out where the pit was a bit if it was a small pit and just used that. My circle was definitely not even. I made two halves for me and the first one I ate just as the recipe states; with salt and pepper. It was definitely very good but I felt that it needed a little something extra so I topped it with salsa and that was just what I felt it needed at that moment. The taste was very flavorful but the meal as a whole is very light.
Baked Egg in Avocado
Cut an avocado in half and remove the pit. Slice the avocado in 1/2-inch thick slices and use a round cookie cutter or knife to cut an even circle in the center. Rub a skillet with a light coating of oil and place the avocado slices on top. Crack an egg in the center of each avocado. Turn the skillet up to medium heat and place a lid over the skillet and allow it to cook for two to three minutes. Remove with a spatula, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.

No comments:
Post a Comment