Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thankfulness Day 13

Today I am thankful for a God who takes away pain. I found out this morning that a family friend of ours, my parents neighbor to be exact, is dying of cancer and has maybe a few months to live. She has a husband and a son who are taking it hard and she, herself, is trying to be strong for her men. I can't imagine. I don't know that she has a personal relationship with Christ but I hope that she does. I know that my parents have been a beautiful example of God to her/them, though.I hope and pray that she, as well as her husband and son, know Christ and take refuge in Him in the hard time. *I* am taking this kind of hard (mainly because I hate cancer and it has taken too many people I know and love) and I can't imagine what it would be like to do this without *Him*. At the same time, I have complete faith in God and I know that He can heal so in this time of hurt and sorrow I will life up my God and praise him for being the Great Physician and Healer.

No comments: