I know that it has been a while since I have updated but although things have really just been same ol' same ol' they have kept me pretty busy! Things are going well, however, and I can't complain one bit! In fact, I am sitting in a beautiful, clean, quiet house as we speak and the only noise that I hear (other than my typing) is the sound of "Heidi" which is on TCM right now!! I love this movie! It reminds me of my Biggie and Papaw though because they are the ones who introduced me to it.
Well let me see, last weekend was a 4-day weekend for us so we went to Jax and had a blast! Mark and I were able to go out just the two of us, we took the girls swimming..well ok, McKaela didn't get in the water but McKenna did and had a blast! We had a little get together with some of my family and Mark and I played Mexican Train Dominos for the first time. It was a lot of fun. I came in second. I was in first until the end and then I got a bad hand and the points just seemed to add up! It was fun though. Then it was back to reality.
Mark bought me a Nook!! I absolutely love it!! I assumed that I would after all of the reading about it and such but after I got it I love Love LOVE it! I have read more this week than I have in the past year probably! Good times.
McKenna and McKaela are doing wonderful! McKenna is just growing up so fast! She is an amazing little girl and I just can't get enough of her! She is really smart too; she gets that from Mark. LOL For real though, she never ceases to amaze me. It is fun being able to play chase and tag and Play-Doh and such with her. I also got her a computer game that she can play so we have been playing with that too. The game teaches everything from colors to shapes to letters and numbers, she does really well with it!
McKaela is getting big already and she is only 8 weeks old! She has incredible neck control, as she has from the beginning actually. She has not had her 2 month check up yet, actually she won't be 2 months until Tuesday but still, anyway, so I don't have exact measurements and all but she is just growing away! She finally fits into Newborn clothes (more or less) so that is exciting. haha There are a FEW 0-3 month clothes that she can wear but those are mainly pajamas.
I am going to put a plug in here so bear with me..LOL..you know those people who are just CREATIVE? You know, those who can take a piece of nothing and turn it into something magical? I wish I was like that. I used to go to church with a lady who is like that and I look at her blog and see all of her recent "creations" and she makes them all look SO easy! *sigh* I envy her. haha She made McKenna a blanket and it is beautiful! It was one of my most favorite shower gifts that I got (I don't know that I told you that, Amy...haha)! Anyway, if you want to see what I am talking about you should check out her blog, http://littlewhiteschoolhouse.blogspot.com/ She is great! Also, this is short notice but she is having a giveaway on her blog for a super cute fairy skirt and headband! The link for that is http://littlewhiteschoolhouse.blogspot.com/2010/07/party-pics-and-giveaway.html I will say that if any of you wonderful friends happen to read this, enter her giveaway, and ultimately win than I will be happy for you...covet you...but be happy. (You wouldn't want me to covet now would you? LOL) For real though, you should check out her blog, she is Supermom!
Ok well I guess I better get off here and get back to cleaning the kitchen.
Ciao!
Well let me see, last weekend was a 4-day weekend for us so we went to Jax and had a blast! Mark and I were able to go out just the two of us, we took the girls swimming..well ok, McKaela didn't get in the water but McKenna did and had a blast! We had a little get together with some of my family and Mark and I played Mexican Train Dominos for the first time. It was a lot of fun. I came in second. I was in first until the end and then I got a bad hand and the points just seemed to add up! It was fun though. Then it was back to reality.
Mark bought me a Nook!! I absolutely love it!! I assumed that I would after all of the reading about it and such but after I got it I love Love LOVE it! I have read more this week than I have in the past year probably! Good times.
McKenna and McKaela are doing wonderful! McKenna is just growing up so fast! She is an amazing little girl and I just can't get enough of her! She is really smart too; she gets that from Mark. LOL For real though, she never ceases to amaze me. It is fun being able to play chase and tag and Play-Doh and such with her. I also got her a computer game that she can play so we have been playing with that too. The game teaches everything from colors to shapes to letters and numbers, she does really well with it!
McKaela is getting big already and she is only 8 weeks old! She has incredible neck control, as she has from the beginning actually. She has not had her 2 month check up yet, actually she won't be 2 months until Tuesday but still, anyway, so I don't have exact measurements and all but she is just growing away! She finally fits into Newborn clothes (more or less) so that is exciting. haha There are a FEW 0-3 month clothes that she can wear but those are mainly pajamas.
I am going to put a plug in here so bear with me..LOL..you know those people who are just CREATIVE? You know, those who can take a piece of nothing and turn it into something magical? I wish I was like that. I used to go to church with a lady who is like that and I look at her blog and see all of her recent "creations" and she makes them all look SO easy! *sigh* I envy her. haha She made McKenna a blanket and it is beautiful! It was one of my most favorite shower gifts that I got (I don't know that I told you that, Amy...haha)! Anyway, if you want to see what I am talking about you should check out her blog, http://littlewhiteschoolhouse.blogspot.com/ She is great! Also, this is short notice but she is having a giveaway on her blog for a super cute fairy skirt and headband! The link for that is http://littlewhiteschoolhouse.blogspot.com/2010/07/party-pics-and-giveaway.html I will say that if any of you wonderful friends happen to read this, enter her giveaway, and ultimately win than I will be happy for you...covet you...but be happy. (You wouldn't want me to covet now would you? LOL) For real though, you should check out her blog, she is Supermom!
Ok well I guess I better get off here and get back to cleaning the kitchen.
Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment