Wow! What a weekend this past one was! Mark and I decided that we were going to rip up the carpet and lay down hardwood in the living room so we set out to find the wood that matches what is in our parlor. Well, we didn't have any trouble finding the wood, per se, but it was finding a decent price that was the challenge. Apparently, the wood that they put into our house when it was built was quite the expensive wood. haha In the end, though, after going through being given the wrong wood and having to go back last minute and have the correct wood ordered we have it!
Even though we were not going to start laying the wood until Friday night or Saturday we went ahead and started ripping up the carpet on Wednesday...and it is a good thing we did, too, because the builders apparently decided that they were going to GLUE the carpet down. What?! Yeah. NOT fun, let me tell you.That meant that we had more work in store for us than we did initially. So come Thursday we went out and got a scraper and some adhesive remover and went at it. *whew*
Friday was another day and we still had things to do to get ready to start laying the hardwood the next day! The day was spent scraping and sweeping and mopping and making sure that we had everything that we needed. Oh and picking up the wood!! It was a busy day!
Saturday! The day has come! We started at about 9AM and off we went. Mark's mom came up to help us and our neighbors came over to help us as well. I was on glue duty wiping up the glue that came up. LOL I think we worked straight until after noon. All in all, it really did not take us long at all and the floor looks amazing!!!
Just a note (not that they will ever see this): THANK YOU AGAIN, BRANDON AND MICHELLE, SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!!
Along with remodeling we are also redecorating. We moved our couch upstairs and are anxiously awaiting our new living room set!! Our new set includes a couch, love seat, rug, coffee table, end table, lamp, and a large print. It is going to look SO good when it gets here! HOWEVER, until it does get delivered, which isn't until March 10, we have a comforter and a blanket covering part of the floor and are sitting on blow-up furniture. LOL It looks like we just moved in. haha
Another room that we have redecorated? McKenna's new big girl room. *sniff sniff* No, it looks so good and I am so excited about it!! We got her a canopy bed, matching dresser and night stand, new bedding, and a new lamp for her new room. Mark and I stayed up late last night working on setting everything up. We have not moved her into the room yet, we are going to ease her into it because we don't want to freak her out. We do, however, want to get her moved with enough time for her to get used to it all before McKaela makes her debut. I think McKenna will do just fine though. We are going to start out letting her play in there and getting used to the idea that that is "her room" and then we'll go to napping in there and then eventually going to bed at night in there. I am nervous but I am trying not to let that show through to her. I am very excited as well so I hope that that is what radiates through as opposed to my apprehension.
Ok, I know what you are thinking "enough talk already, show the pictures!" haha So here they are! First, let me just say, the picture of McKenna and the purse...that is my Gucci purse that she adopted yesterday. LOL I changed purses and had not put that one away yet so she grabbed it and started playing with it. She played with it all day! At one point we were going to pick up her bedroom set and she had been playing with the purse so I told her that we were going to go and we were going to leave the purse here so but she could play with it when we got back home...that did NOT go over well! Tears, pointing, stretching, she wanted that purse. In the end, yes, I gave in; there was really no reason for her NOT to take the purse, I just thought that it was one less thing to take to the truck. I gave her the purse and she put it on her shoulder and was happy as ever! haha
Well, here are the pictures! Enjoy!! I am quite proud of not only these floors but of Mark, he did an amazing job!
Ciao!
Even though we were not going to start laying the wood until Friday night or Saturday we went ahead and started ripping up the carpet on Wednesday...and it is a good thing we did, too, because the builders apparently decided that they were going to GLUE the carpet down. What?! Yeah. NOT fun, let me tell you.That meant that we had more work in store for us than we did initially. So come Thursday we went out and got a scraper and some adhesive remover and went at it. *whew*
Friday was another day and we still had things to do to get ready to start laying the hardwood the next day! The day was spent scraping and sweeping and mopping and making sure that we had everything that we needed. Oh and picking up the wood!! It was a busy day!
Saturday! The day has come! We started at about 9AM and off we went. Mark's mom came up to help us and our neighbors came over to help us as well. I was on glue duty wiping up the glue that came up. LOL I think we worked straight until after noon. All in all, it really did not take us long at all and the floor looks amazing!!!
Just a note (not that they will ever see this): THANK YOU AGAIN, BRANDON AND MICHELLE, SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!!
Along with remodeling we are also redecorating. We moved our couch upstairs and are anxiously awaiting our new living room set!! Our new set includes a couch, love seat, rug, coffee table, end table, lamp, and a large print. It is going to look SO good when it gets here! HOWEVER, until it does get delivered, which isn't until March 10, we have a comforter and a blanket covering part of the floor and are sitting on blow-up furniture. LOL It looks like we just moved in. haha
Another room that we have redecorated? McKenna's new big girl room. *sniff sniff* No, it looks so good and I am so excited about it!! We got her a canopy bed, matching dresser and night stand, new bedding, and a new lamp for her new room. Mark and I stayed up late last night working on setting everything up. We have not moved her into the room yet, we are going to ease her into it because we don't want to freak her out. We do, however, want to get her moved with enough time for her to get used to it all before McKaela makes her debut. I think McKenna will do just fine though. We are going to start out letting her play in there and getting used to the idea that that is "her room" and then we'll go to napping in there and then eventually going to bed at night in there. I am nervous but I am trying not to let that show through to her. I am very excited as well so I hope that that is what radiates through as opposed to my apprehension.
Ok, I know what you are thinking "enough talk already, show the pictures!" haha So here they are! First, let me just say, the picture of McKenna and the purse...that is my Gucci purse that she adopted yesterday. LOL I changed purses and had not put that one away yet so she grabbed it and started playing with it. She played with it all day! At one point we were going to pick up her bedroom set and she had been playing with the purse so I told her that we were going to go and we were going to leave the purse here so but she could play with it when we got back home...that did NOT go over well! Tears, pointing, stretching, she wanted that purse. In the end, yes, I gave in; there was really no reason for her NOT to take the purse, I just thought that it was one less thing to take to the truck. I gave her the purse and she put it on her shoulder and was happy as ever! haha
Well, here are the pictures! Enjoy!! I am quite proud of not only these floors but of Mark, he did an amazing job!
Ciao!
Carpet's gone, you can see where they glued the carpet down.

No comments:
Post a Comment