Friday, November 7, 2008

What a Week!

pregnancy due date

Wow what a week! Not a bad week, just a week...haha Mark was home and we had a lot going on! He got home last Friday and we pretty much were going all week. We got a lot accomplished though! There was a lot that we wanted to get done, that we needed to get done, and I must say that we got most of it done! One thing that we wanted to do was get the garage cleaned out...it's done!! We did that on Saturday I believe it was. Unfortunately we did not think to take a "before" picture but just take my word for it, it was a mess! It wasn't so much that we didn't care or didn't ever try to have a nice clean garage but there was a lot of junk left over from Mark's ex-roommate and we just had not had the chance to get out there and throw the stuff out. Saturday, however, we did just that and put a bunch of stuff out by the curb for the Vietnam Veterans to come and pick up on Monday when they were scheduled to. Mark and I decided after we had already put stuff out by the curb that we should have just had a yard sale. LOL We could have made some money with that! Our neighbors across the street came over and picked through a bunch of the stuff we had out there. I told Mark, "Well they'll be having a yard sale here shortly." LOL We also had a few other people come by and get stuff as well. Not that we cared, we just wanted it gone one way or another.

Did I mention that we had EVERYTHING outside of the garage and we even went as far as to hose out the garage?? Yep! It is spotless! AND SPIDERLESS!! LOL I don't know how many spiders we found, some of those being Black Widows. EEK! We knew there were spiders out there and Mark hated for me to go out there and worried whenever I had to but now he doesn't have to anymore! In the same way, I hated when the dogs followed me out there when I needed to get something but now I don't have to worry about that! It is SO nice to have a clean garage! You never think that a clean garage would make such a difference in how you feel but it really does!

After we finished the garage we started on the upstairs. We have a little office which we use for storage and we went through all of that and though we didn't get it cleaned out fully, we got a good start on it. Most of it is stuff that I just need to go through and throw out. I should probably work on that today.

On Monday I had my doctors appointment and all was well! I don't know that I went into detail as to why I had to go back one week after my last appointment but basically what happened was while everything looked good, my weight had jumped 8lbs in 3 weeks. THAT IS A LOT! I knew that there was no way that was right, and my doctor didn't believe it either, so he wanted me to come back in a week and recheck it. Turns out the scale was wrong, not to mention the bloat/swelling was gone, and my weight is actually fine. *whew* I was worried. It was still a little high for me personally but...LOL So it was a short and sweet doctors appointment. McKenna's heartbeat was around 143bpm. She still has not turned head down but hopefully she will soon. I am about 34 weeks and the doctors don't really worry about it until 36 weeks but she is just cutting it close for me. On that note, my doctor said he had a patient whose baby turned at 39 weeks right before she gave birth so I know it can happen but I am getting anxious.

So do you remember that stuff by the curb that we had for the Vietnam Vets and how they were supposed to come on Monday? Well Monday came and went and guess what? That stuff was STILL in our yard! I called them at about 4pm and asked what was going on and the girl told me that they were done in Suffolk for the day and they must have missed us. I told her that there was no way to miss the stuff because it was out on the curb and A LOT of stuff. She apologized and then told me that although they were finished for the day she could make sure that they pick it up on Thursday. THURSDAY?! That stuff had been sitting out there since Saturday!! What could I do though? I scheduled the pick-up and that was that. Mark and I theorized that the guys who were supposed to be out there just never came by. There is no way that they could have come by and "miss it". No sooner that I got off the phone scheduling the pick-up that it started to rain. It rained Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Given, Mark and I put a tarp over as much of the stuff as we could, especially the couch we had sitting out there, but when it is windy and all there is only so much you can do. So by the time that they got there on Thursday everything was soaked. It's not our fault though! We did what we could! Had these guys done what they were supposed to do and come when they were supposed to come than they would have had it all dry.

On Tuesday Mark and I went grocery shopping at BJ's so that I could go ahead and get some things that I needed for Thanksgiving dinner and all. I am so excited about Thanksgiving! Not only are my parents coming up but we are also having some of the guys from the ship who don't have any family around over. I am so excited! I don't know how many guys are planning on coming but whatever...I am ready. haha

Wednesday Mark had duty so he went to work and didn't get home until Thursday morning. When he got home we relaxed a little bit and ate some breakfast, played a little WoW (yes, I will admit, we are gamers...haha) and then we went and got out passports!!! Mark needs his not only for cruises but also to get home from deployment and I needed to get my name changed on mine. So we went and did that and then stopped at Walmart to get some things that Mark needed for work and then came home and WoW'd it a little more and just relaxed before he had to go back to work; he had to be back on board at 10pm.

At the beginning of the week Mark was sick, he had a cold. Well before he left he gave it to me. Aww how sweet! haha So here I am, so sick with a cold. It's bad enough being uncomfortable and having a pinched nerve in my neck but now I can't breathe. I am falling apart!! haha I did take some Tylenol Cold (which is ok to take when you are pregnant BTW) yesterday because I was just miserable but I don't know if I want to take it again. I am sure that this had nothing to do with the Tylenol but after I took it yesterday I didn't feel McKenna move for a good 2-3 hours and it really started to freak me out. I don't usually get freaked out by not feeling her move because I know she sleeps and all but something just really freaked me out about it. I mean, Mark and I were sitting there playing WoW and I was like "I haven't felt McKenna since we got back from Walmart." So I started poking her and trying to get her to move and she just wasn't. I tried for a good 10 minutes at least with no luck. I even had Mark come over and try and she wasn't even moving for him which is weird cause usually she will start moving and playing with him when he talks to her and all. Finally, I drank some ice water and ate a couple of bite-size candy bars and she started rolling around and all..*whew!* I am sure that it had nothing to do with the Tylenol because I didn't get the nighttime or anything that would cause drowsiness and I have taken it before and it didn't affect her like that so I am sure it was just coincidence but now I am freaked out to take it again. haha Silly, I know. I did take a half a dose of Benadryl the other night when I first started getting sick and that was SUPPOSED to knock her out, if knocks me out, but my goodness did it have the opposite effect. LOL I was struggling to keep my eyes open and she was rolling around and kicking and playing. So silly!

Yes, I am at that uncomfortable stage in my pregnancy where I have a pinched nerve in my neck from my sleeping posture, I believe, because I have pretty good posture any other time. I am pretty conscious about it. My back kills me a lot of the time...and I waddle. LOL Yep, I have the pregnant waddle. Maybe not all of the time but a lot of the time. Although I am uncomfortable a lot of the time and I struggle getting up from sitting or laying down I absolutely LOVE being pregnant! It is amazing and everything that I thought it would be and more! I am not saying that it won't be nice to get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes and body or anything but I really do love being pregnant. I could do without the weight gain...I have to make a conscious effort not to let that get to me; if you know me, you know that I am very big about my weight being just so and I have a rigorous work out schedule (pre-pregnancy Mark and I worked out lifting weights and all for at least 2 hours a day), so gaining a pound or two every few weeks gets to me at times but Mark is wonderful and reminds me that it is ok and I look beautiful. He is so amazing!

Well I guess I have gone on long enough. I know that this is super long but a lot has gone on! I hope that ya'll have a glorious day!!

Ciao!

No comments: