Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It Has Started

Well it has all started...Mark and I were informed yesterday at about 9am that he has to stay onboard until further notice; as of not it will be August. They are fast cruising so it is kind of like they are out to sea but not really. Not fun. It wouldn't be so bad except I can't get onboard. Used to, when they were docked at NOB, and they had to fast cruise I was able to go up there and go aboard to have dinner with Mark or just hang out...with them in the shipyards I can't do that. That makes it hard. I am hoping that Mark will be able to come home at some point be it to do laundry to because he was able to sneak away (haha). Being that they do not have the laundry service hooked up onboard right now I don't know how they expect to have all of those guys (and no it is not the whole ship, just Mark's division) stay onboard for like a month without any laundry service...YUCK!
As fun as this is not if there is one thing that I have learned by being a military wife is that things can change at any time! Is it always fun? No. But it happens. The first day is always the hardest, especially when it comes on as a shock, but after a day of tears and saddness you wake up the next morning and you realize that it is one day closer to the end when he will be home and just like you made it through last time you will make it this time.
Well I will keep you updated as to what goes on!
Ciao!

No comments: