Monday, January 21, 2008

So Long NOB...for a while


So today was the last day that I will have to drive to the Naval Base in Norfolk!! Kind of sad actually...hmm...well anyway, as of tomorrow IKE will be in the shipyards. Good? It is bittersweet. Mark will not be out to sea BUT he will have duty every 4 days. Yuck! But it will be nice having Mark home more than he will gone.
Well let me see Mark and I went out the other night and had a great time...of course!!! We kind of make it a point to have a date night at least once a month. You know, those days where he says "So I was thinking that we would go out to (name of restaurant) on (day of the week)" or "I was thinking I would take you out to (name of restaurant) on (day of the week)." Those are so much fun. So here are a few pictures from our date on January 20, 2008.
Mark and I started getting ready and Bailey and Roxie were so excited, though we were not really sure why. haha But they were so excited and running around and following us wagging their tails...so cute! After Mark and I were getting ready we pulled the camera out and although I caught Roxie off guard by taking her picture...Bailey was all about posing... Next came the pictures of Mark and I by ourselves...
Of course his turned out wonderful on the first try!!! He took a few of me and well...not all of them came out well. In fact I didn't get a good shot of just me. BUT I did get a good one with Bailey...
So Mark tried again and I didn't like the way that my alone shot came out so we were trying again and as Mark was getting the shot set up and all and the camera in focus Bailey had gone and sat right in front of him and was just looking at me. He was so excited still and I was looking at him out of my peripheral vision and I just knew that he was going to charge me; I was just waiting for it. As soon as Mark takes the picture Bailey I guess knew it and he tackled me...as much as I was expecting it it all happened so fast that it surprised me...
After all of that excitement Mark and I left for dinner. He took me to Terra Cotta Cafe which is a very nice restaurant. We had a great time!!
Of course, the night would not have been complete without our infamous tongue picture...
That is the latest in our lives right now!!
Ciao!

No comments: